We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to our blog, respond to a survey or fill out a form. Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third party embeds.
- Comments: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact Forms: Personal data captured for the purpose of a contact form will include the name and email address you provide as well as your IP address for the purpose of spam filtering. Contact form submissions will be kept for six months for the purpose of troubleshooting and follow ups. After six months, contact form submissions are deleted. We keep your data confidential and do not provide this information to anyone.
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
- How Long We Retain Your Data: We keep contact form submissions for six months, analytics records for a year, and customer purchase records for ten years. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. Deletion requests can be made by filling out a contact form.
- Where we send your data: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- For privacy-specific concerns, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or the site admin directly at email@example.com
- In the event of a data breach, we will report the incidence to our members within 72 hours via email. Along with our members, proper authorities will be notified of the incidence as soon as it has been discovered.
When do we collect your personal information?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, credit/debit card information, etc. You may, however, visit our non-premium site features anonymously without making an account.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our blog, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You may also request us to remove you from our list directly via the contact form (just include your site username, valid registered e-mail, and your written request). This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information on our site.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Our payment gateway provider (Stripe) has been audited by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. All information collected, transmitted, and stored has security measures in place.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers. Payment information such as credit and debit card numbers, billing addresses, etc are stored on a secure server with our payment gateway for the purpose of payment processing, the issuance of refunds, and (when opted for by the user) recurring payments. If at any time you wish for your payment details to be exported and/or erased, you may request that of us directly via the contact form (just include your site username, valid registered e-mail, and your written request). This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act).
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Under the new General Data Protection Regulation, user rights include:
The users right to access his/her data: You may do this by visiting the “My Account” page on our site and clicking the “Edit Profile” link. On that page, you may view and edit your information. As well, we would be more than happy to assist you in sending you a copy of your user data that we have stored. If at any time you wish for your user account details to be exported, you may request that of us directly via the contact form (just include your site username, valid registered e-mail, and your written request). This includes any payment transactions through our payment gateway as well as information on our site.
The users right to be forgotten: There may come a time that you wish to end your subscription and would also like your account removed from our system completely and we would be glad to assist you. If at any time you wish for your user account details to be deleted, you may request that of us directly via the contact form (just include your site username, valid registered e-mail, and your written request). This includes any payment transactions through our payment gateway as well as information on our site.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Legal bases for collecting your information:
For those in the European Union, our legal grounds for processing information about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or